1. Why did you want to join the 4Ocean Cleanup Crew?
Through my ocean conservation career, I've watched this mounting problem of ocean plastic and marine debris and knew I wanted to work to directly make an impact on this crisis. When I learned of 4Ocean and their dedication to this mission of becoming a world leader in removing plastic and marine debris from our ocean I knew it was where I wanted to continue my career.
2. What’s your favorite part of being a part of the 4Ocean team?
Being a part of the dedicated and passionate team and being able to be out not only cleaning our ocean but educating the public as well.
3. What’s the most interesting piece of trash you’ve found?
There have been many but I guess the strangest would have to be a single 12-inch stiletto high heel.
4. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
Most people don't know that I started the first "Save the Earth" club in my hometown as a 3rd grader.
5. If you had the choice, what Limited Edition 4Ocean Bracelet would you create next and why?
I would create a Marine Animal Awareness bracelet. To help bring awareness and action to our many endangered and threatened marine species such as sea turtles.
6. Have you learned anything new by being a part of the cleanup crew?
I've learned how big this crisis truly is and that it is right in our own backyard.
7. What advice would you give to someone who wants to help make a difference?
The most important advice I can give is to never believe that one person cannot make a difference. A few easy ways to start are:
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As we got closer to the ocean floor, we began to approach a reef; this reef was nothing short of epic. The colours were bright and everything appeared to be healthy with marine life flourishing... that was until the current changed. Within seconds, this heaving reef became surrounded with plastic and rubbish.